While the typical Easter gatherings won’t be on the agenda this year, that doesn’t mean you can’t still have fun preparing for whatever at-home celebration you have planned. Our friends at Annie’s shared with us these super fun and creative ideas for Easter treats that are easy to make, with little fuss. These recipes can... Read More ›
While the typical Easter gatherings won’t be on the agenda this year, that doesn’t mean you can’t still have fun preparing for whatever at-home celebration you have planned. Our friends at Annie’s shared with us these super fun and creative ideas for Easter treats that are easy to make, with little fuss. These recipes can get you and the whole family into a festive spirit.
EASTER MARSHMALLOW BUNNY POPS
(Total time 30 minutes, active time 10 minutes. Serves 4.)
- Bamboo Skewers or Toothpicks
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 6 Tbsp heavy cream
- Large Marshmallows
- Annie’s Bunny Grahams (Honey or gluten-free Snickerdoodle)
- Melt ingredients together over low heat, careful not to burn.
- Pour warm chocolate sauce into deep bowl and dip skewered marshmallow into chocolate, covering completely.
- Carefully slide marshmallow down skewer and add another to skewer, dip marshmallow into chocolate.
- Repeat until you have three chocolate covered marshmallows on skewer (or 1–2 on a toothpick).
- Press one Annie’s Bunny into the warm chocolate and let cool. Serve once cooled completely.
EASTER BUNNY SUGAR COOKIES
(Total time 60 minutes, active time 30 minutes.)
Your favorite homemade sugar cookies (or use store-bought cookies) To make icing:
For the Icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp milk or half & half
- Arrange room-temp cookies on platter (icing will melt if cookies are hot)
- Mix icing ingredients in medium bowl.
- Drizzle additional milk (or half & half) into mixture until texture is right for drizzling onto cookies. Color with natural food coloring if desired.
- Ice cookies using the back of a spoon, then press Annie’s Organic Fruit Snacks into icing in desired pattern.
EASY EASTER CINNAMON ROLL BUNNIES
(Total time 30 minutes, active time 5 minutes. Serves 4.)
- Annie’s Organic Cinnamon Rolls
- Unwrap cinnamon rolls and place four on large baking sheet.
- Divide the fifth roll into eight loops for “ears” and press onto each roll to create four bunnies.
- Bake as instructed.
- Add icing and top with sprinkles (if you have ‘em!) or decorative sugar or cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Serve warm.
EASTER CHOCOLATE ICEBOX PIES
(Total time 2 hours, active time 20 minutes. Serves 6.)
For the Crust:
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 5 cups crushed Annie’s Organic Bunny Grahams
For the filling:
If you have instant chocolate pudding in your fridge, use that!
Otherwise, make a quick and easy chocolate pudding:
- 8 Tbsp sugar
- 5 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk or cream
- 5 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp butter (optional, for a creamier texture)
For the Crust:
- Mix crust ingredients, split into 6 even portions.
- Press each portion into the bottom of jar.
For the pudding:
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a saucepan.
- Add milk over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Whisk continuously for one minute after boil, then remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and butter. Let cool 5 minutes, then pour into individual jars. Cover with plastic film, chill in fridge at least two hours.
- Add whipped cream (homemade or store bought).
- Top with Bunny Grahams.
- Sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
Annie’s has lots more recipes that you can find here.